Monday, April 25, 2011

That's right: I rented "Street Kings 2" from a Blockbuster Express just to make these caps

Oh, the chalky, chalky irony.

2) The first undercover cop dude that is murdered is basically clipped as he is pedestrianizing it up (also public urinating it up, but I assume telling children not to take a whizz outside would have been a little too over-the-top).

7) "Don't play with guns." So rich.

8) "The police are your friends." Even richer.

Also: I'm assuming that behind ol' McTrademarkedCrimeDog is something about not doing drugs, which is also like rain on your wedding day and a free ride when you've already driven a criminal out to an abandoned farm and manufactured evidence so you can plant that evidence at your crime scenes.

Also, 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife.

I complimented Dan Sullivan on his threads, but this particular suit totally makes him look all, "I'm a grown-up man in my big brother's hand-me-down suit that is a half size too big!"

I like Ray Liotta's sad-trombone expression, like he's all, "I told him not to leave the house without getting that altered and hemmed. He looks like Little Josh Baskin at the end of Big."

Dan Sullivan can pretend he wasn't transfixed during the storyline where Nick Corelli was like the Phantom of the Opera, only a former pimp in a very teal nightclub, and Miss Charlotte Ross sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" at least twice a week. But we all know the truth.

He also owned this cassingle:


How do you talk to an angel, indeed.

Tee hee.

That's all. Just...super cute.

Back in the day, when I worked for a closed-captioning company in Minneapolis, I was lucky enough to caption a terrible Ray Liotta movie where he took off his shirt and showed his giant guns. And a coworker and friend said to me, "Oh, my gosh, have you seen Corrina Corrina?" And then we made a girl date to watch it together, and Ray Liotta's character was super sad and repressed and he romanced Whoopi Goldberg, which seems like about the weirdest thing to get "Awwww" over, but it is totally "Awwwww."

Almost, almost makes a girl forget that Ray Liotta's primary strength is in making TERRIFYING FACES LIKE THIS. It's not like he's Pennywise or Jigsaw or anything: he just looks soulless and capable of disappearing you into some remote drainage ditch without a second thought. I try to imagine being on the receiving end of this completely fictional expression, and it makes me nervous.

Glad I'm not the only one (Shawn Hatosy isn't acting, and his sheen of terror sweat isn't from a spritz bottle; he's just trying to not be scared that Ray Liotta is a for-real crazy person who is going to strangle him in the midst of Method acting.)

I noticed while I was watching this scene that Dan touches/adjusts his gun, either subconsciously feeling threatened or out of habit, and Ray Liotta's reaction as Marty is subtle and great:


 And then the power balance shifts as soon as The Touchening begins...

Creepy creepy creepy.

THE FLAG IS A METAPHOR FOR THE THIN BLUE LINE (or something).

Also: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
And after Dan has executed Marty, all lights are go (which is a metaphor too) (right?)

Nah-nah-nah-nahnahnah Street Kings!

2 comments:

  1. Awwww, I loved Corinna Corinna. That girl is still acting too.

    Thank God for screencsps or I would have missed that Charlotte Ross was in this. Teehee, cassingle. Thanks for bringing back the pop culture verbiage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw Tina in "Napoleon Dynamite" not too long ago.

    ReplyDelete