Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Glee 2xwhatever, "Funeral"

Around 1998 or 1999--good Lord, that was over 10 years ago; argh, I'm so old!--I went to Patch Adams at the Eau Claire Budget Theatre with a few of my then-college roommates. I remember feeling my impatience and resentment growing with each passing moment of pandering and blatant emotional string-pulling. By the time the film reached the--spoiler alert, and suck it, because count yourself lucky if, by this point in your blessed and peaceful life, you have not watch the shitheap that is Patch Adams--point where Patch Adams's Girlfriend was murdered, I was furious, especially at myself as tears welled in my eyes. I was falling prey to the movie's manipulation all while totally conscious of and valiantly fighting it.

I think we even went on $1 Tuesday, which made it even more insulting. Jesus, if you can't even be passable for a dollar to a college student who had watched Titanic SIX TIMES in the theater...

The whole point of this story is that last night's Glee was the Patch Adams of Television.

I briefly considered doing some LOL screencaps and bitching about it, but my resentment reached a point where I was like, "Shit, this was basically free, man [argument about effects of marketing and advertising here]. Do you want to spend any more time thinking about how aggravating the umpteenth adjustment to Sue Sylvester's character was, all the more so because it was laziest possible way to ditch a storyline they didn't even need? Do you want to talk about how Jonathan Groff makes the corpse Orville Redenbacher look like a spring chicken? Do you want to gnash your verbal teeth over Rachel and Finn and Quinn and that particular merry-go-round of horseshit?"

No. No, I do not.

Instead, here's a picture of Kurt being cute:
To quote Kelly Kapoor: "Honestly, that show is just--it's irresponsible."

1 comment:

  1. The Patch Adams of television, HEE. No need to say more about the ep; I am already dreading it!

    Also, how totally UNNECESSARY to kill Jean.

    ReplyDelete