Sunday, October 30, 2011

The TV I Have Watched This Week

And most of this tv-watching has been done in the last 24+ hours:

1) Season 2 Onion News Network (you know, the thus far portion)
2) One Life To Live (I don't think I can say it any more succinctly...) for the week
3) Thursday NBC Lineup Minus Whitney (very, very funny, particularly Spader's insane post-"What am I up to?" ghost story on The Office, Joel McHale's illiteracy performance on Community, and every thing ever on Parks and Recreation, minus...is it just me, or is this latest subplot with Chris Traeger and Jerry's daughter kind of bleh?)
4) latest ep of Happy Endings (because blahmanda told me to, and it was in no way a letdown)
5) latest ep of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (... you know, I've had mixed feelings regarding this show for a while, but I think I'm reaching a max capac on my shrillness-avoidance flinching)
6) latest ep of Psych (I want someone to offer a rational, non-"Because it's Psych, and it's a USA show, and it's silly!" explanation as to why Juliet O'Hara is dating Shawn Spencer; I really mean it)
7) Ep 2x02 of An Idiot Abroad with Karl Pilkington, which really had a humdinger of an ending. Not every day you get to hear Karl insultingly and nonsensically try to argue the virtues of a Chinese dwarf village with Warwick Davis over a cell phone.
8) Most of a Doctor Who episode featuring Simon Callow as Charles Dickens and Gwen from Torchwood as a psychic chambermaid.

I guess it's a little weird that I feel like I'm not watching that much TV overall. I should probably revisit my definition of "much TV."

3 comments:

  1. I don't know if my favorite part of Happy Endings last week was Penny and Max biting each other, the Brett Butler references, or Damon Wayans, Jr. saying, "I think Ray Manzarek is a real person."

    I have completely forgotten about Psych this season. Anything worth a Hulu?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say my favorite part was definitely Max's petulant reaction to delaying his gay turkey leg party with AJ. That whole buffet scene was actually my favorite. Cheese as mortar...genius.

    As to "Psych," I have to say the most recent vampire-themed ep with Kristy Swanson and cute/annoying as ever Tom Lenk had the most bizarre fucking vibe running through it that I'd be interested to hear your thoughts (you know, the thoughts beyond "Shut up, Roday, you smug dinkus."

    ReplyDelete