Thursday, November 3, 2011

In the VIP



  1. One of the best Communitys of the season, in my opinion, but I'm a sucker for Troy-centric stories (yeah, yeah, and old Southern gentlemen with ivory toupees). But I think it behooves me, in honor of Jerry Minor's guest turn, to share one of those rare things that just gets me laughing and laughing so hard that I can't stop (and then eventually I do stop, but boy, do I hurt):
 2. Also good-funny yet very touching and thoughtful: Parks and Recreation. I can't bear much more of Adam Scott and Amy Poehler looking longingly at each other, though. That hurts my insides in a different way than being up in the club, rollin' on dubs. And sweet relief, Rob Lowe's hair is back to normal. In closing, I hope Donna and Jean-Ralphio make some webisodes real soon.
3. I didn't watch The Office because our DVR has short-term memory loss and deleted our series record. Good news, though: I think our DVR is close to solving the mystery of who killed his wife (spoiler alert: probably Joe Pantaliano...or him).
4. I got a real case of Decemberists exhaustion thanks to my Shuffle's ob-session with playing tracks from Hazards of Love, particularly the Prelude that begins with 40+ seconds of silence. I recently saw them on Austin City Limits, and I have fallen in love with "Rise To Me."
5. I'm also really liking Ryan Adams' Ashes and Fire. "Lucky Now" is beautiful.
6. I like mopey music. Also, I'm about a year late on the stuff from The King Is Dead. Better than the time I was all "Oh, Mumford and Sons are super good!" three years after everyone was talking about them.
7. I am reading a Georgette Heyer novel since 3 hours ago. It's futile for me to pretend I keep up a regular reading habit. Anyway, the title is April Lady, and it's about a married couple who are in love but due to Regency-era blah-de-blah, neither of them know it. I'm only 30 pages in, but I kind of get a kick out of the whole premise. And I really, really wish BBC would film some adaptations of these books. Richard Armitage needs work, and I need to see Richard Armitage work.
8. I am still watching One Life to Live. Nothing is finer in this whole wide daytime world than when supercouples begin the road towards each other (again) (some more). Tina and Cord's literal roll in the hay was effing delightful (pun...sort of intended?), and Todd's Sherman-like march to Blair is about as amazing as daytime monologuing gets. Minus his dead mother flashbacks or hallucinations or ghost-chats or whatever. But I'm not a fan of that unless it's two dads and one of the dads is played by Joseph Campanella.
9. Is it cool if I skip this week's ep of Glee? I heard that Brittany and Santana make some progress, but I need to know how great/cute it is and if I'm allowed to fast-forward through any of the "comedy" with Sue.
10. I'm looking forward to reviews of Tower Heist. Not in a Love Guru way, exactly. I think it looks like a fun way to pass time, and I half-considered going this weekend. But early reviews have not been promising. So if it's going to go that way, I'd like it to go big.

3 comments:

  1. "April Lady" is my favorite Seals & Crofts song.

    Loved Community tonight, really liked P&R, wasn't crazy about The Office, laughed at your DVR joke.

    I just listened to "Poppin' Bottles" four times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! You actually sent me to YouTube to check out "April Lady!" I was all, "I don't remember that song."

    Good to know Memento jokes never go out of fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I skipped Glee. I miss nothing.

    I wondered how Parks and Rec were going to end that lovely scene at the Grand Canyon; the joke about thinking it was Mt Rushmore was perfect.

    ReplyDelete