Wednesday, February 8, 2012

It's sad when Will Schuester's awkward horridness isn't the worst part of an ep...

I can hardly keep up with the everchanging pro/con list I have in my mind when it comes to Glee. But I'll tell you what I wrote on it with mental crayon (ha ha ha, Becky is handicapable!): Sue Sylvester's grossness has reached the point where the massive suspension of disbelief I perform to watch this show (it requires several bungee cords and a bone-lengthening surgery that is super painful) has snapped atwain.

Asking students for sperm? I mean, I get it: ha ha with the jokey jokes so we can fit as many references to spunk and jizz into a 7 PM Central time-slotted show as we can. I'm not dumb. I'm also not going to give you laughs, you desperate lame-o teenage boy. Ugh. It's not like I haven't laughed at a Jane Lynch character bringing strange either. I own 40-Year-Old Virgin, as well as every Christopher Guest but For Your Consideration on The DVD. And what made it even worse was the sharp right-hand detour into Emotional Panderville with Sue's reasons for wanting a child fathered by Will. I can't even quantify that entire episode arc as uneven or sloppy. It's willfully terrible. And in case I didn't stress how gross it was: it was super, super gross.

So congratulations, writing team! You managed to make something be more dumb-butt and awkward and stink than Will Schuester wearing the bullfighter outfit from "Take a Bow."

Also, I'm prepared to complain more about Sebastian next week, because, apparently, "he's not just targeting Blaine anymore." Oh, really? Is he targeting a school bus full of orphans from a local Catholic school? Is he devouring kittens? Is he growing a long, curly mustache and wearing a stovepipe hat and fighting with Dudley Do-Right? I hope Glee names their next villain Pantomime Jones, and it's a dude in a cape who leers into the camera like Vincent Price in his heydey.

Stupid idiot show.

Nice job on "La Isla Bonita," though. Kudos. Dicks.

ETA: So basically what the reviewer at Vulture said.

2 comments:

  1. Pantomime Jones, HA! Isn't that the name of the bronze medalist female coach already? Who, by the way, I like, mostly because she reminds me of Sue before they twisted her into a character pretzel. (The student sperm was the lowest. Until the thing with Will which I am still trying to un-remember.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh, yeah, Roz Pantomime Jones. That's her. I thought her stream of "You so old" was funny at times...though I had to wonder how Jane Lynch felt about basically getting called a wizened crone.

    ReplyDelete