Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Glee, "Blame It On The Alcohol"

Ugh, so much lesson! So much lesson at the end of the episode! So much fuzzy logic beforehand!

Here are things I liked about the episode:
  1. When Puck put on Lauren's glasses
  2. When Matthew Morrison acted drunk like he's a human who has never been drunk before, but who can blame him when the writers actually wrote "LOUD NOISES!" dialogues into the hangover talk, like this is a cartoon, only it's way more annoying than a cartoon.
  3. Human League's "Don't You Want Me?"  It is awesome, and Lea Michele and Darren Criss sounded very '80s together.
  4. When Kurt was a brat; I think Chris Colfer is exceptional at making his brattiness very real.
  5. Everything Principal Figgins did.
  6. Beiste was great.
Here is what I didn't like about the ep:
  1. It hurt me. Way down deep inside.
  2. Lessons! So many lessons! Bisexuality is real, but sometimes it's not! Alcohol is super fun and funny except when it isn't except when it is my mother my sister my mother my sister!
  3. The cut-rate one-camera sitcom reveal that Will drunk-dialed Sue.
  4. Everything Sue did or said; boy, did I really hate everything Sue did or said.
  5. I don't know that I didn't like Blaine; I just find Kurt and Blaine's great love story not so great or engaging or interesting. I was more concerned with Kurt and Burt and their brief tiff than I was in any one scene wherein Kurt and Blaine had drama.
I'm so glad we have a two-week break. I need a breather from all the drawn-out groaning I did during this ep.

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are blogging...but I still ain't watching Glee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah, I hated Glee tonight. I don't know if I can watch anymore. The opening scene with Sue! WTAF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're blogging! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed the first half-hour, and I am glad I did. This was possibly their worst episode yet.

    But I am damned glad they didn't draw out Blaine and Rachel beyond this episode. They are collectively and separately horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kurt's continued dedication to Blaine, and the Glee fanbase's continued dedication to Blaine, is so puzzling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blogeroo! I have nothing to say about Glee!

    ReplyDelete