Monday, June 6, 2011

Rewatching Glee season 1/LOCI

I am now writing this blog in Arial. Because I figured out that I could switch the default font from Times New Roman. Only took four months! Thanks, Clippy!

Let's tackle the last bit of the subject line first:

So basically Goren loves Eames. And I just looked up the whole Princess Bride thing about "As you wish." That's what last night's ep reduced me to: wanting to make those Tumblr Cheezburger graphics out of about a bajillion screencaps.

Paula: So she's like a sister to you. It's important to you for me to know that there aren't any romantic possibilities between the two of you, isn't it?

Goren:  I don't get it! I mean, you know. What? A man can't have...a working friendship with his partner? I mean, it has to be more than that?

Paula: That's not my point. I'm wondering if you think romantic feelings for someone you admire and respect are at odds.

Goren: [no answer]

NO ANSWER. YOU ARE KILLING ME INSIDE, GOREN!

Also, please note for the record: I do not have to eat a hat. Because this all totally happened. I didn't make it up at all in my crazy brain that has loved this entire idea in a variety of made-upski stories for years.


In Glee season 1 rewatch news, Kate has now fully been exposed to her husband's shaming over this. It should make me feel bad that one of my best friends has suffered ridicule over this show, but surprisingly, I feel relieved that someone understands.

Also: it wasn't as uneven in the beginning. I've seen people mention "the Puck from season 1" or other things like that, and it's pretty much true. For example, I liked Rachel with more of that insecure, immature acting out and the Finn/Rachel romance full of volatile teen hormones and less "staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar-crossed lovers" bologna. They were cute then!

The one universal truth: Kurt/Chris Colfer is totally the cutest. And Terri was a terribly conceived, awfully executed character who caused no end of ridiculous storyline.

8:23 PM Katherine: Her face really does bug when she sings.
8:27 PM me: Her and Criss, I swear.
  ...so...do you want to go see the Glee Live! Concert movie with me in August?
8:28 PM Katherine: Sure
 me: HEE HEE! GROSS!
 Katherine: I know. Don't tell anybody
8:29 PM Will Mark Salling be there? Can I ogle his biceps?
 me: Yes: according to Sara, he does a number with Zises (or whatever: the big girl with the glasses).
  So: yes.
 Katherine: Awesome  Whoops. I told.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting on the Glee S1 rewatch; I forgot the characterizations were more consistent then, and Finn/Rachel wasn't playing to the rafters. For me, the turning point of the two of them was when she sang "Poppa Can You Hear Me" in the field. They turned farcical then, and haven't turned back.

    Hee, I am glad LOCI is finally going there!

    ReplyDelete