Thursday, March 10, 2011

Justified 2x05, "Cottonmouth" (in just a few brief screencaps)


Greater than or equal to...


You decide.




I don't know what it is about his glasses, but nearly every shot of him makes me laugh like I'm a performer in The Mikado.

That did not make me laugh like a G&S schoolgirl. Something about Boyd in this ep made me so sad, even as I admired how very much smarter than everyone else he was. When he sat across from Ava and said, "Because it's what I do. It's who I am... as hard as I've been trying to pretend otherwise. Everybody else seems to know that but me," my heart broke, even though I knew he'd just murdered four men in pretty cold blood (well, they were planning to kill him AND another innocent man played by ELLSWORTH, no less, and if you can save Ellsworth from getting shot twice in this lifetime...).

Hey, speaking of things that did not make me laugh like a G&S schoolgirl:
Tough Love: Parenting Via Ball-Peen Hammer Beatings by Mags Bennett.

Eat it, Dr. Spock.

1 comment:

  1. I KNOW. boyd is just... it's like, he did everything he could, he just waited for something to intervene, but... in the end, he did it. and in a sad way i agree - if they hadn't set off the detonation, they'd have been alive. but there are all these loose ends! ava's phone call! the bullets in that other guy's head! what if there was security tape!

    maybe all that is just me trying to overthink things.

    oh mags. you scare the shit out of me.

    in closing: LA BEEF.

    ReplyDelete